Tags: Business, Education, Entrepreneur, Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay Startup Weekend, Tampa Hackerspace, Tampa Startups, technology, Ybor City
The 2015 Tampa Bay Startup Week is right around the corner! It’s an educational series that helps to connect likeminded business and entrepreneurial suits in the Tampa Bay area, over events such as museum tours, brewery tours, fireside chats and more.
Here’s a roundup of some of the highlights we’re looking forward to.
- Plant and Ybor: Tampa’s Early Entrepreneurs: Historian Rodney Kite-Powell will be leading the Plant and Ybor event at the Tampa Bay History Center on Old Water Street, to talk about entrepreneurial legends Henry Plant and Vicente Ybor who jumpstarted the economy of Tampa and left their legacy as two of Tampa’s preeminent visionaries.
- Chase Basecamp: This is where budding start ups can head to for some expert coaching from seasoned professionals in many disciplines including product marketing, positioning and strategy.
- Profiling for Profitability: This presentation lead by Ali Walter is all about how to master your target audience, funnel them into key segments, and apply the 80-20 rule to maximize your business. Not only does it help with profit, but targeting and profiling your audience is a key to marketing because it helps you customize the most engaging content for each targeted segment.
- Intro to Game Development for Kids: This is a wonderful class open to kids with their parents to learn how to use Construct to make games. The event is hosted by The Iron Yard, a coding academy that believes in the education of children, the power of startups and the success of business acceleration.
- Lasers, Lunch, Logos and Networking: Our friends over at Tampa Hackerspace are holding a luncheon where attendants can chat about the startup climate, and get their logo etched into acrylic.
- Tech Cocktail Mixer: Imagine a fast-paced pitch session over cocktails. Here’s where startups can pitch their ideas and get feedback. Perfect for entrepreneurs, investors and techies!