Apple might wear the crown as the most powerful player in the mobile world now, but another force is gaining momentum—mobile commerce will surpass it in growth by 2018, VC’s have predicted.
Mobile commerce refers to the ability to deliver electronic commerce abilities directly into the hands of the consumer, and in this case, that’s through their smartphone. This could be through a variety of online goods and services, including streaming media, banking apps, food ordering services, digital wallets, and advertising.
As a business, the possibilities of reaching your customers through mobile commerce and also mobile advertising will skyrocket in the next few years as some key changes take place on Facebook’s news feed algorithm and as more and more people get connected to smartphones.
Mobile Commerce is huge, and comprises an array of trading products and services including:
- Online shopping web sites for retail sales direct to consumers
- Providing or participating in online marketplaces, which process third-party business-to-consumer or consumer-to-consumer sales
- Business-to-business buying and selling
- Gathering and using demographic data through web contacts and social media
- Business-to-business electronic data interchange
- Marketing to prospective and established customers by e-mail or fax (for example, with newsletters)
- Engaging in pretail for launching new products and services – Source: Wikipedia
Now is a crucial time to ensuring that your company’s website is mobile-optimized, and can be found by your customers. Whether you’re in the market to build a custom application, update your existing software or create a stunning, responsive website, contact us today to get your project started.