Top 10: Tips on Paid Search Marketing
If you are venturing into the paid search arena, you may want to get started with these tips.
Top 10 Tips on Paid Search Marketing
1. Start with a limited budget and test the ROI. If the ROI is positive, then gradually increase your budget to what you are comfortable spending.
2. Select the location you want your ads to appear. You may want to start with a small radius around your business and then gradually increase it as you see the results.
3. Pick broad match modified keywords, which means adding a “+” in front of each keyword that absolutely needs to be in the search and phrase keywords, which means putting a parenthesis at the start of the keyword phrase and at the very end. This will help to ensure you’re not paying for irrelevant or unnecessary keywords and phrases.
4. Break your services or products into individual ad groups. For instance, if you own a sign company and sell certain signs to certain organizations, you would set up an ad group for LED signs, changeable copy signs, church signs, school signs, municipal signs, government signs, and civic signs.
5. Add negative keywords. Using the example above, you will want to include all businesses that would want a sign that does not fall under the specified organizations. For instance: barbershop signs, salon signs, florist signs, automotive signs, moving signs, open signs, arrow signs, portable signs, window signs, etc.
6. Create three different ads for each ad group to see what one will perform the best. After a few weeks, assess the lower performing ads and then pause them, but also write a new one to replace it and run the test again.
7. Create site link extensions for your ads. This means adding an extension with sections of your website that someone may want to quickly get to. For instance: hours, contact, about us, or warranty.
8. Create site extension for your ads. The site extensions consist of location, phone number, address, callouts, structured snippets, and price extensions.
9. Always check the search terms to weed out any unnecessary keywords and add them to the negative keyword list.
10. Check your analytics to see the users behavior on your website after clicking your ad. Make sure they are not falling off at a certain point or exiting right away. If this occurs, you need to go back and either change your website for a better experience or change your ads and keywords to more narrowly reflect your products or services.
Those are just a few of the things you should do when running paid search marketing. There is a lot more to it and we suggest learning as much as possible before giving it a try or if you do not want to manage this yourself, please feel free to give us a call for a free consultation. We are experts when it comes to paid search advertising and we know that we will exceed your expectations.
About Powered Labs
Powered Labs is a full-service digital agency specializing in building unique software applications for enterprise-level companies. We build brands leveraging our experience and the best practices to ensure memorable, meaningful results, so our clients can grow their businesses.